Applications to the 2018 Bachelor of Science in Nursing program are now closed. We expect admissions notifications will go out in April.
We anticipate applications for the 2019 BSN program will be available in October 2018.
Apply to UW
If you are not currently a student at the University of Washington Seattle campus, you will need to apply to the UW as a transfer or post-baccalaureate applicant to begin Autumn 2018. Applications are due February 15, 2018.
Visit http://admit.washington.edu/apply/ for more information.
Write the proctored essay
After an initial application review, some applicants will be asked to write a proctored essay. This essay counts towards your total score. You will receive an email notification by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018 if you must write the essay.
The proctored essay is scheduled for Wednesday, February 21, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Health Sciences Building on the UW Seattle Campus. Directions to the Health Sciences Building can be found here, and the room number will be included in your email invitation.
There are no early or make-up sessions for the proctored essay.
If you will need disability accommodations to write the proctored essay, please read our instructions for accommodations confirmation.
University of Washington BSN 2016
Views: 57,674 Comments: 211
- 0 Hey Guys!
Didn't see anyone start one yet for this application round for UW nursing and though may as well start one.
Hopefully this will help everyone out that reads this, and that joins into the conversation.
Ive been reading the past BSN application posts, and already learned a lot of info!
- Sep 22, '15 by victorkimuhuI am applying too and excited!! Been looking through the past post for the last few months. Decided since I am applying now I should add some comments. Best of luck. I am also applying to the ABSN.
- Sep 23, '15 by thomas_the_CNAI'm a little late for the ABSN program so I am putting my hopes up for the regular one! I'm also applying to WSU but hopping for UDUB.
- Sep 24, '15 by shelleybaumerHello,
I applied last year and I'm considering reapplying. I made it through the proctored essay, but was not selected. I have all of my pre-reqs done this time and started working as a CNA in March. Hopefully, this will help me in hours of experience and getting a better LOR from an RN. Good luck to all!
- Sep 25, '15 by thomas_the_CNAI'm glad you joined, saw you posting in the past post as well! Are you going to the information session that is in October? Also if you know this, what is the female: male ratio?
- Oct 11, '15 by shelleybaumerI live in Alaska, so it's difficult for me to make it to the information sessions. I've just listened to the recorded version online a few times. I don't know what the male:female is, but maybe you could ask at one of the sessions. Good luck
- Oct 21, '15 by thomas_the_CNAYeah the online information sessions and on campus once are the same. Normally it's guy but it was the woman instead. I forgot to ask at the meeting, I'll go to the next one and ask.
- Dec 10, '15 by somedaynurse7Hey guys! I've been reading the past forums for the last two years and I can't believe I'm actually part of the forum now. Time sure flies Are you guys applying for any other schools around the Seattle area?
- Jan 8, '16 by annienelsonHi guys! I can't believe I'm in the process of applying to nursing school... the past few years went by so quickly. I'm also applying to Seattle U and WSU, what about you guys?
- For WSU, is it in pullman or is it at one of their other campuses?
- I was just wondering, how many total hours of healthcare experience do you guys have?
- Jan 28, '16 by jellybelly63Hi everyone, I applied last year to UW but didn't make it past the proctored essay. I reapplied this year with the improvements the nursing committee commented on. I'm hoping I get asked back to write essay next month.
- Feb 2, '16 by annienelsonI applied to the campus in Spokane! Honestly I'm just so relieved to have all my applications finished. I'm sure I don't have nearly as much experience as other applicants, but I have about 240 hours volunteering at a hospital and about the same amount as a caregiver at a retirement home. What about you guys?